Friday, September 29, 2017

Idris Elba auditioned to play Gaston in ‘Beauty and the Beast’ and I don’t even know what I want anymore

TwitterFacebook

Of all the wonderful things about this year’s Beauty and the Beast remake, Gaston ranked somewhere near the very top. As played by Luke Evans, he was so perfect – a pure paragon! – that he very nearly outshone the beauty and the beast themselves.

What I’m trying to say here is that I wouldn’t have traded Evans’ performance in that movie for anything. Or so I thought until this bombshell dropped.

In an interview with People, Idris Elba revealed that he’d gone out for the role once upon a time. “I honestly love musicals,” he confessed. “I auditioned for Beauty and the Beast. I really did. For Gaston. I called and said, ‘Listen, I want in!’ So somewhere they have a tape of me singing.” Read more…

More about Movies, Idris Elba, Beauty And The Beast, Entertainment, and Movies Tv Shows
Originally syndicated from Idris Elba auditioned to play Gaston in ‘Beauty and the Beast’ and I don’t even know what I want anymore


No comments:

Post a Comment